Until now, said Marisa Harris, a supervising attorney at Loyola Law’s Juvenile Innocence and Fair Sentencing Clinic, “the only narrative available has been villainizing people of color, young kids, as criminal masterminds — not as lost kids finding an identity, looking for a support system.”
Our Experts have lived that life for many years and know the ends and outs of the gang lifestyle and mentality. Not only have they lived it but all of them have faced life sentences and have came out of that lifestyle, as well as out of decades in prison to a new productive life style. They all have made drastic changes and have been helping people in their communities heal and make new paths while In prison and since paroling. They can advise defenses counsel how to analyze gang allegations and rebut unsupported and unsupportable opinions often offered by police gang experts, leading to more resolutions aimed at rehabilitation. Such experts can also effectively advise juvenile clients about how to transition out of a street gang and guide them to enter the most appropriate existing community-based gang prevention programs. Teaching at-risk youth to cope with the problems associated with living in impoverished, unsafe and gang-infested neighborhoods that caused them to join a gang in the first place is the most effective way to resolve delinquency cases and reduce recidivism. They can also help with mitigation during sentencing.
No, not all crimes are gang crimes. People do a lot of different things that do not benefit any gang. People do things to benefit themselves and have other very personal situations that have nothing to do with thier gang. There are many different examples of these crimes: personal issue with another person, domestic violence, stealing to support a drug habit or to survive to name a few.
It really depends on the gang experts experience, training, and education. You will need to talk to each expert to settle on a fair compensation. Generally speaking anywhere from $250-$300 an hour, could be more depending on the experts experience.
No, not everyone that commits a crime is a gang member.
Yes, they can change there life and a great example is all the gang experts who had life sentences and were involved in gangs heavily. All of them have been released, got educated, and have been working in the social work field for years giving back and showing others there is a different and better life then the lies we’re sold and bought into as youth.
• Help be the liaison between you and the client.
• Some people will be found to be guilty and will get sentenced to prison. We can give them a game plan on how to survive and give them resources to change their life. Maybe they will be released soon we can connect them to re-entry services.
• Help create and develop defenses in gang cases.
• Help counter any unjust, unscrupulous, and unfounded arguments.
• We can see things that you can’t because we have personally lived that life. This gives us a unique perspective that can have drastic and impactful value to your client’s case.
• Help in cases that have to do with people in institutions such as juvenile hall, CYA’s, county jails, state and federal prisons.
• Help in immigration cases on why to not deport someone.
• Share mitigating factors for sentencing.
• Gang cases.
• Cases that have to do with prison culture and politics.
• Immigration cases.
• Sentencing mitigation.
• We will need a Retainer Agreement that specifies how many hours the expert will be compensated for as well as what obligations the expert owes to the client. This will obviate disputes over the reasonableness of preparation and payment.
• We will need all the preliminary reports, police reports, discovery, police gang expert testimony, any psychological evaluations, and anything that will help us view the entire case and client as a whole person approach to best form our opinion.
• We will want to visit the client to solidify and better form our opinion. Remember a client might talk more freely with us then you,
Connect with Danny at: https://linktr.ee/DannyContrerasSr
Connect with Adam at: https://linktr.ee/adammortera
Connect with Hugo at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Alexzander at: https://linktr.ee/thegreatgangexpert
Connect with Robert at: email@example.com
Connect with J’mel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Mannie at: email@example.com
Connect with Graham at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2018 K.E.Y.S 2 LIFE - All Rights Reserved.